|it was windy (the warm kind) the day of Casey and Jenny’s wedding|
|I’ve left these polaroids on this little table since Scott’s cousin Brittany’s wedding; it’s nice to remember something so happy when we can|
|Scott makes dinner the day I work far from home (I think the taste of kale is growing on him. I like to think I knew it would). This is this soup with the addition of kale.|
|I love when it’s hot out and a cold glass sweats in the sun|
|I got a new sponsor, Dakine! The dad of one of the girls I coach in surfing works for them. He checked out the site. He thought you guys would like Dakine, too.|
|tail slide, that I’m working on. I need to grab rail. Next time. Next time.|
|I found my mom and dad in a hammock.|
|I have a poem in the current issue of Women’s Surf Style Magazine. I kinda cringe when I read it because it reminds me of something for kids, rather than literature, but that was a fun memory; me and that lady bug surfing.|
|summer will be especially special for you this year, I predict.|
9 random thoughts (although, the above were also pretty random)
1. It’s times like these when the business of summer is ramping up that I wish it had been winter a little more; cold, quiet, calm. I know. I know. The grass is always greener.
2. Sometimes when I’m day dreaming, I picture my college friends living in San Diego and taking skateboarding lessons with me. I picture them rolling down a four foot transition looking so stoked. It always makes me happy 🙂
3. Sometimes I wonder if I’m selfless enough to be a parent.
4. The bathroom at my work always smells like Christmas, which is better than other things…
5. Sometimes I can never decide if cussing sounds good or rude.
6. My teachers always told my mom I had bad handwriting. I’m sure she tried to correct it, but in the end, she just let me take my course.
7. I like the taste of beer sometimes, but not even sort of as much as lemonade or Coca Cola which I drink nearly never.
8. The other night I thought Scott called me a drone, when he really called me darlin’.
9. ‘Older Sister’ is so much of my identity.