1. refried black beans, shredded cheese blend, cherry tomatoes, scallions. Scott’s thoughts on this one: “It’s like the healthy version of Taco Bell!”… point is, it’s good.
2. black beans, shredded cheese blend, pre-baked citrus marinated organic tofu, salsa fresca, avocado, cilantro, fresh jalapeños, sprinkle of cumin, squeeze of lime.
3. (upper left of the plate) cabbage slaw, pre-baked red and yellow potatoes, red bell pepper, red onion. (in the front): sautéed lentils, kale, salt, pepper, sour cream, red onions.
4. lentils, kale, spicy pickled carrots, pre-baked purple potato.
5. sautéed carrots and bell peppers, red beans, sharp cheddar, avocado, cilantro, lime.
6. breakfast tacos: scrambled eggs, onions, cherry tomatoes, fresh jalapeños, cilantro, shredded cheese blend; heat tortillas over a low flame when the eggs are in their last stage of cooking.
The tortillas I usually use are La Tortilla Factory’s Hand Made Style Corn Tortillas because they are soft and flexible (I hate when you’re trying to eat a taco and the shell cracks or falls apart. Doesn’t everybody?). Also, when it comes to filling the shells, I’ve found that it’s less messy and more enjoyable not to over stuff them (#2s not the best example of this, though. I’m sure a lot of that fell on someone’s lap).
What are your favorites?